Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 20 - this Bitch....

Another night at the gym... First thing I notice before even walking in is this twiggy bitch lookin all cute. I'm like "Please Lord, let her be leavin right now" - nothin worse than tryin to get my skinny on with an already skinny girl around. Damn - she's puttin on her shoes too - now I know she's here to stay - AND she looks like the running type - double crap. Well whatever, I'm here to do me so here we go. Start my regular routine, 30 minutes on the treadmill. First 5 minutes is a warm up at 3.8 speed. So here we go.

And just as I thought Miss Twiggy picks the machine one over from me. Great...

5 minutes is up now it's time to run - worked my way up to 5.5 speed. Miss Twiggy is still walking. And then out of no where she starts running - all cute and professional of course. Dang...

I just keep going. And I quickly notice I'm more of a jogger I think. I'm looking at her form in the window reflection, and it doesn't look like mine. She takes bigger steps and her feet kick up behind her. I guess that's what running is supposed to look like. I'll get there some day when I'm fast. But I just keep doing what I do and before I know it - I just ran 20 minutes at 5.5 speed without stopping!!! That's so awesome!! Last time I ran 20 minutes straight I was at a 4.6 speed. Now just to do that again in two days would be great - maybe at 5.6!!  Meanwhile Miss Twiggy stopped running and went back to walking awhile ago, but just as my cooling walk ended she was back running. I did peep at her speed as I walked by.... 7.1 - ugh so jealous.... But I'm not even worried - I'll be there soon enough!

On a foodie note - I found a chocolate pudding recipe from my favorite chef Bobby Flay today - 10 more days and I'll get to make it!! Pretty exciting!!

I definitely feel like this during my run sometimes - my legs just don't want to go anymore.

Longest distance yet!! I'm pretty stoked about this - maybe I subconsciously held a competition with Miss Twiggy - maybe I should do that every time. 

Bobby Flays Chocolate Pudding recipe (courtesy of bobbyflay.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment