Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 14 - Where'd my calories go?

Well this app is certainly keeping me on top of my intake. Kind of depressing. Even though it's good food doesn't mean I can just eat it all up. I packed 10 deviled egg halves, and honestly planned on eating them all. I shared two with another co-worker who has similar eating style as me, but hasn't tried the mayo before, and she loved them!! So I had 8 left. Lunch time came around and I had to input into the MyFitnessPal app - to which actually had the info for Paleo mayo deviled eggs might I add, and I almost fell off my chair. I'm like "How many calories is that? Oh no!" - so I gave 2 more away. I wasn't about to spend all my allowed calories on deviled eggs alone - no matter how good they are. I probably don't even need to mention the calorie intake from the cashews at snack time. Oh Lawd!! This is just an eye opening experience. I'm eating good food and exercising - I don't really need this app to lose weight. I am enjoying watching the numbers though, puts things in perspective. 

Only thing this app doesn't do is calculate calories burned for strength training. So that kind bummed me out. I was over calories by 110, but I didn't mind because I knew I still had exercise coming. Did my little workout and BAM - didn't give any calories to subtract and now I'm still at -110. Boo. I wonder if they're gonna fix that or if I just have to eat less on strength days. I did have the urge to run today tho - weird. I wonder if that's how people who lift and spend all day at the gym feel like. It was a good feeling. Usually my thoughts are "I can't wait to lay around and relax". Made me feel kinda warm inside.

My breakfast. Last of the Lara bars too so I guess I don't need to add those morning calories in anymore. Although they were pretty filling. 

All that work for nothing.

This looks so good! Maybe after the Whole30 though. We will see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment