Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 8/9 - The Weekend

Started my Saturday off pretty well. Waking up before the alarm again, got ready and headed to the gym. I'm liking this TCX class. I got there early enough too so I got some good weights this time. She really works it in the class. I hope to keep going with it. 


And look what I found at Target!! This is great! It was on sale for $6 and some change. When I got home I put a tablespoon of it into my pineapple, mango, coconut milk smoothie. And because it's so small and then ground up some more I couldn't taste anything different. 


And I also made this delicious waffles!! They were made from sweet potato and plantain mainly and I was kinda nervous because the banana egg pancakes never turned out, but these waffles - oh man were they good! Only had 1 with some real maple syrup- saved the other for later. Probably also had more syrup than I needed but I can't help but douse my pancakes and waffles in syrup. It's just gotta be that way. 

Did some chores around the house, nothing special. And then laid on the couch and watched TV. I made the family Alfredo, broccoli and chicken pasta for dinner and I wanted some soooooo bad. I make it from scratch so you know it's good. It looked so good. But I didn't partake, I did eat some of the chicken though, before I added the sauce to it, because I cooked it in ghee and spices so I was able to have some. Had that with some water and one of my dessert bars that I made and that was a wrap for the night. 

I ended up waking up at 430am today! Wow - with no alarm and not feeling like I want to kill someone. I got up, made coffee and heated up one of my waffles in the oven. Microwaves just make stuff soggy and that's nasty. Ended up falling back asleep and then waking up to get ready for church. Church lasted until 3 and after I got home and ate some tuna scrambled eggs, I laid out the couch to watch a movie. At that point going to the gym was mute. I didn't want to go, but after the movie my daughter, Dakota, convinced me to go. So I went. 


I got on the treadmill and did a 5K. No lie, after a mile I almost convinced myself that I was good. But then I turned it around because I figured what was the use in that. Since I'm here I might as well keep going. I did two miles of walking and running intervals, and the last mile and some I did incline intervals.


So all in all I'm glad I went because I needed it! I need the cardio training for my resting heart rate, because it's. high. 












No comments:

Post a Comment