Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Day 158 - Cake please!!

I'm gearing up for the Spartan Super in Chicago in a couple weeks. It's only 8-10 miles so it shouldn't be too hard. I did 14.8 which was short of 26 in the Ultrabeast about a months ago, but no worries - I won't fall short again! Determined to show that 26 mile obstacle course who's boss next year!! It was the first time I didn't finish a race, probably won't be my last either. Hate to say it, but that's the thing about making goals, once they're accomplished you gotta set the bar just a little bit higher!!


I didn't find the obstacles very hard. I did get some assistance with climbing walls and such, but the carrying of items was no problem!! So this Super will be no big deal. I also have a Spartan Sprint two weeks after the Super. It's only 3 miles so it should be even way easier. Why all the Spartans?? I was trying to achieve the Trifecta badge this year. But in order to do that now, I would need to sign up for another beast. Which there are a few coming this fall, so maybe I can still do it. Physically I'll be fine, it's just the financial and babysitter for the weekend part I gotta figure out. 

Yes - my subject included the want for cake! I was just fine until a discussion at lunch today included a topic on Costco shopping. Which then had me remember and mention the fact they have this delicious vanilla and custard sheet cake that is SO AMAZING! So now it's all I thought about today. Maybe I should make that my 60 day reward??? Hopefully won't even want it after 60 days....


So I turned my cravings over to these little bastards - LOL! And NO, I didn't eat all of these. I've had this since Valentine's Day, giving myself a treat here and there, sharing with the kids here and there. But today I saw the Best By date was May 2016, so I better get them eaten. 6 should be good for today. I also have to give some to the kids too. The more I share the less that'll get strapped to my thighs so... As much as I love them I must share. 

But I've been good for the last two days though. Small meals, fruits and veggies. Need to get some green leafy stuff in my life though. My hematocrit is pretty low. Lots of my meals also consist of .....


Love Love Love me some watermelon!! Fills you up, hydrates, cleans you out - all the while tasting delicious as ever!! 

Maybe I'll run in the morning....



No comments:

Post a Comment